Cavendish University Uganda is a higher institution of learning that was granted a letter of interim authority on December 18, 2007, to establish a private university under the Universities and Tertiary Institutions Act No. 7 of 2001. A full license to operate was given by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) in June 2008. In 2005, Cavendish University Zambia was started in Lusaka, which marked the first Cavendish brand in Africa. In Uganda, Cavendish University Uganda was licensed to commence its operations in 2008 by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
In October 2014, Cavendish University group of Universities partnered with Maarifa Education, an education holding company focused on investing in African universities, to support their growth. Cavendish University Uganda boasts a student population of over 3,600 students, with more than 5,000 students having graduated from the institution since its inception.
Currently with four Faculties- Science and Technology, Business and Management, Socio-Economic Sciences, and Law- as well as a School of Post Graduate Studies, Cavendish University Uganda offers courses ranging from certificates, diplomas, bachelors and master’s degrees that strive to address societal gaps. The University’s mode of teaching involves face-to- face interaction with students who are also offered module descriptions and teaching schedules ahead of time that includes tutorial questions and detailed case studies. This ensures there’s participatory learning and thus easy flow of knowledge and skills. With the increasing penetration of internet services, the institution plans to introduce online teaching. Large or popular classes are subdivided into smaller class sizes, so that the lecturers are able to provide quality education.
At Cavendish University our goal is to provide our students with a high quality academic learning experience. This is achieved by ensuring that study programmes are delivered exceptionally by qualified and experienced lecturers. Courses are systematically monitored and updated to incorporate new developments and theories. This is targeted at having a successful graduate, who will be at a competitive position of applying for work, already possessing appropriate abilities, with solid understanding of the subject areas. Our mission of enhancing the human and ecological livelihoods for sustainable development means your future is our top priority. Our primary goal is to make sure that you leave as a more confident, skilled and knowledgeable person ready to take your steps in an exciting and rewarding career.
To be a model university in Africa that delivers a transformative, market-relevant quality education.
To provide accessible, high quality, research-driven education that transforms students into responsible, educated, employable citizens.
- Self-reliance: We strive to transform our students into self-confident citizens, entrepreneurs or employees with good judgment and perseverance.
- Integrity: We treasure honesty, transparency, and ethical conduct in all our work and we have zero tolerance for corruption.
- Responsibility: We promote a culture of personal and institutional accountability, and a commitment to good citizenship.
- Excellence: We continually strive to do our best in teaching, learning and community engagement.
- Respect: We see mutual-respect and appreciation of human diversity as an enabler of successful teamwork and happy coexistence.
- Innovation: We are attentive and responsive to best practices in teaching, learning, and problem-solving.