Cavendish University Uganda offers top students from Kenya, Tanzania, Nigeria, DR Congo and South Sudan an opportunity to study on International scholarships starting February 2018. These partial scholarships cover up to 50% tuition and functional fees, and they are available to both first-year and transfer students that are citizens of the above mentioned countries.
The University offers degree programmes in the following four faculties:
- Business and Management
- Science and Technology
- Socio-Economic sciences
Qualified applicants may study in any of these 3 faculties.
How it Works
Qualified applicants should visit the Enrolment office at Cavendish University Uganda, Ggaba Road with the following documents:
- Ordinary Level certificate or equivalent (photocopy; original to be presented on registration)
- Advanced Level certificate or equivalent (photocopy; original to be presented on registration)
The applicant will then be given the Cavendish University Excellence Scholarship application and a pre-entry test and oral interview will be scheduled.
Application deadline is February 19, 2018.
Scholarship recipients will be eligible for the scholarship for the duration of their studies as long as he or she maintains CGPA of B+ (second class upper division).
Receive Final Approval and Start Studying
Once you have completed the necessary process, including the English, Math test and oral interview; an Enrolment Officer will contact you with the Scholarship Committee's final decision no later than February 16, 2018.
Applicants who are approved will need to officially register for classes through an Enrolment Officer and can begin their studies on February 26th, 2018.
Applicants who are not approved can still study at Cavendish University Uganda by following the standard enrolment process.
Cavendish International Scholarship recipients will be required to attend leadership workshops and to play a role in peer-mentoring and peer-tutoring and other intellectually enriching initiatives and to maintain a CGPA of B+ (second class upper division) throughout their programme duration at Cavendish University Uganda.
To qualify for Cavendish University Excellence scholarships, an entering student should meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of Kenya, Tanzania, Nigeria, DR Congo and South Sudan
- Plan to attend classes in person (Distance Learning not eligible)
- Have at least 3 Principle Passes at A-level or equivalent
- Have attained a total of at least 12 points at A-level at one sitting or equivalent
- Strong interest in developing Africa and leadership skills
- Ability to pass a pre-entry written English and basic Math test
- Ability to pass an oral interview
- At least two letters of reference or recommendation one of which should be from a teacher that taught the applicant, and a second letter from any community leader or religious leader
Please contact the Cavendish University Uganda Enrolment office on +256 414 531 700 or visit our website at www.cavendish.ac.ug for additional information.