Cavendish University Uganda Libraries $ Opening Hours
Cavendish University Uganda has six libraries (i.e Siyani Main Library, SPGS Library, Kingsgate Library, Public Health and Law Library situated in Acacia; and Gulu Library) serving as knowledge bases and provide vast amount of information services to the students, staff, researchers. Library services aren't only lecturer/ learner focused but also mindful of the information needs of the non-academic individuals, groups and neighboring communities that visit the library.
Cavendish University Uganda Library is a registered member of the Consortium of Uganda University Librariesprovides access to subscribed E-Resources to it's clientele.
To be a professionals' hub for enhanced research, learning, creativity and academic excellence.
To bring out one's intellectual creativity through the provision of meaningful information resources and services.
Cavendish University Uganda Lib: "For Inarguable & Lifelong Intellectualism."
Cavendish University Uganda libraries we are committed to:-
- Intellectual excellence
- Client service
- Information access
The Acquisitions Unit
This unit is responsible for the identification, selection, ordering and purchase of the information resources that are thought to be vital for library users.
The User Services Unit
This is the unit responsible for ensuring a conducive environment for all library users. It is also responsible for ensuring that there's tranquility and that user expectations are satisfied.
The Technical Services Unit
Processing (classifying, cataloguing) of newly acquired items, ensuring proper data entry into the database, labeling, shelving are the responsibility of this unit. It is also responsible for ensuring that the library equipment is fully functional.
Cavendish University Uganda Library Functions/Roles
- Ensuring that the Internet connection in the library is good so as to enable library users to access and use the available E-Resources.
- Carrying out information literacy trainings with CUU staff and students to enlighten them on how to access, retrieve and use the available resources for their reading and research.
- Provision of both print and electronic information resources to support research in Cavendish University Uganda.
- Ensuring a conducive library environment that enables user concentration and peace of mind.
- Ensuring maximum use of library information resources through resource sharing, Current Awareness Services (CAS), Document Delivery Service among others.
- Having an updated and informative website and other communication channels through which information resources can be obtained with ease.
Semester Opening Hours
- Monday – Friday : 08:00am – 08:00pm.
- Saturday – Sunday : 09:00am – 06:00pm.
- Public Holidays : CLOSED
Holiday Opening Hours
- Monday – Friday : 09:00am – 05:00pm.
- Weekend and Public Holidays : CLOSED