Loan duration privileges are granted according to the different user categories that can borrow items from the CUU library as shown below;
CUU library users can renewal borrowed items through the Open Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) for themselves by logging into their Library Management Information System KOHA accounts and following the steps therein. Otherwise, they can simply come to the issue desk and request for the loan duration of the items that they have with them to be extended. However, item renewals can only be done if the item has no hold placed on it.
Holds are placed on items that are checked out so that the person who places the hold can borrow the item once it is returned. It is more like booking the item so as to be the next user once it is returned.
These are principles/rules followed before, during and after circulation:-
- One should be a registered CUU student/staff with valid university identification presented to library staff before one is able to borrow an item from the CUU library.
- Reference items like dissertations are not for loan and don't leave the library.
- All CUU library users are liable to fines once they turn out to be defaulters.
- All the different user categories have different loan durations.
- Checked out items can be recalled back by the library personnel.
- The loan duration of items that aren't on hold may be renewed.
- CUU library users are free to access and use resources at the different library branches if they have the requirements needed.
- No clearance will be done for any library user who still has a debt with the library.
- Defaulters will always be reminded to return due items to the library. Failure to return these items will lead to an assumption that they're lost and therefore the defaulter will have to pay fines and the item replacement fee.
- Library users who borrow items are expected to take responsibility of these items and return them to the library in good condition.
Item Check – In or Return
Library items have to be returned to the library staff at the issue desk before or on the due date that is stamped on the due date stickers at the back of the borrowed item.