Cavendish University Uganda offers top Ugandan students an opportunity to study on Academic Excellence scholarships starting August 20th, 2018. These scholarships cover up to 100% tuition and functional fees, and they are available to both first-year and transfer students.
The University offers degree programmes in the following four faculties:
- Business and Management
- Science and Technology
- Socio-Economic sciences
Qualified applicants may study in any of these 3 faculties.
How it works
Qualified applicants should visit the Enrolment office at Cavendish University Uganda, Ggaba Road with the following documents:
- S-4 certificate (original and photocopy)
- S-6 certificate (original and photocopy) ,
The applicant will then be given the Cavendish University Excellence Scholarship application and a pre-entry test and oral interview will be scheduled.
Application deadline is August 15th, 2018.
Scholarship recipients will be eligible for the scholarship for the duration of their studies as long as he or she maintains CGPA of B+ (second class upper division).
Receive final approval and start studying
Once you have completed the necessary process, including the English, Math test and oral interview; an Enrolment Officer will contact you with the Scholarship Committee's final decision no later than August 15th, 2018.
Applicants who are approved will need to officially register for classes through an Enrolment Officer and can begin their studies on August 20th, 2018.
Applicants who are not approved can still study at Cavendish University Uganda by following the standard enrolment process.
Cavendish Excellence Scholarship recipients will be required to attend leadership workshops and to play a role in peer-mentoring and peer-tutoring and other intellectually enriching or university marketing work-study initiatives for 15 hours a week. Recipients will also be required to maintain a CGPA of B+ (second class upper division).
To qualify for Cavendish University Excellence scholarships, an entering student should meet the following criteria:
- Be a Ugandan Citizen
- Plan to attend classes in person (Distance Learning not eligible)
- Have at least 3 Principle Passes at A-level
- Have attained a total of at least 12 points at A-level at one sitting
- Strong interest in developing leadership skills
- Ability to pass a pre-entry written English and basic Math test
- Ability to pass an oral interview
- At least two letters of reference or recommendation one of which should be from a teacher that taught the applicant, and a second letter from any community leader or religious leader
Please contact the Cavendish University Uganda Enrolment office on +256 414 531 700 or visit our website at www.cavendish.ac.ug for additional information.