Cavendish University Uganda (CUU), which commenced operations in 2008, is a leading private University fully licensed and approved by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) to conduct online teaching and Learning.
CUU's Vision to be a model University in Africa that delivers a transformative market relevant quality education.
The University seeks to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Dean Faculty of Science and Technology. This position reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academic Affairs.
1. Job Purpose
The Dean as the Academic Leader of the Faculty has a shared responsibility for pursuing and promoting the Faculty’s strategic goals as derived from the overall University Strategy
The role is to provide the Faculty with Academic Leadership to encourage excellence in teaching and learning, promote University ethos and values development of the faculty and its staff and manage faculty activities through the most cost effective and efficient use of resources.
2. Job Requirements
- The Dean is expected to possess distinguished academic credentials with internationally acclaimed research achievements with affiliation to professional bodies.
- PHD in ICT related area, Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum of eight years of actual teaching experience and having served for at least3 years in Faculty Leadership/Administration
3. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The Dean is responsible for providing strategic and academic leadership in the development and operation of the faculty relating to;
- Ensuring effective implementation of teaching and learning for all programme offerings in the faculty so as to maintain the desired quality in line with University policies and regulations.
- Provide guidance in the overall planning, coordination of academic programs, and facilitate communication within the faculty, with strategic and external partners.
- Implement purposeful marketing strategies to drive enrolment and students retention.
- Facilitate and foster a supportive environment that promote University values.
- The Dean is responsible for developing and controlling the faculty budget and annual work plans and ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- In collaboration with the Director Human Resources ensure effective management of human resources to include;
- Recruitment and selection of staff within policy guidelines
- Supervise, evaluate and support Heads of Departments to promote excellence in teaching and offer excellent service to both students and staff.
- Monitor and manage performance of staff ensuring to provide support so that desired performance standards are met in line with stipulated standards.
- Support career development in accordance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Support Heads of Department in the faculty holding them accountable for proper discharge of their responsibilities.
- Manage the accreditation and reaccreditation of programs, lead the development of new curricula and the review of existing curricula and keep updated records of all related activities and adherence to approved course structures.
- Collaborate with the Academic Registrar to ensure integrity of assessment and examinations process.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send their application including a CV and copies of their academic documents in PDF form to the email: email@example.com.
Deadline for receipt of application is 11th December 2020.