Date: APRIL 23, 2020
To : All Students
SHIFTING FOCUS TO REVISION AND REMEDIAL ONLINE LEARNING DURING COVID-19 RECESS
I trust that you are all well and are taking all precautionary measures to stay safe from the Coronavirus (COVID-19). You all know that all schools and universities have been closed in order to protect students, staff and their families from Covid-19.
I am writing to request you to please note the following:
- As we wait for the university to re-open, please continue your remedial-learning-and-revision using the online resources that we have provided you on the Cavendish University Learning Platform (CULP).
- On 16th April 2020, Government of Uganda, through the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), directed all Universities and Higher Education Institutions to embark only on remedial-learning- and-revision.
- The new Government directive requires us to focus on revision and mastery of what has already been taught as we wait to resume teaching and learning of new content after the official re-opening of institutions.
- According to the new Government directive all new content, tests and examinations will only be completed after the lockdown ends and normal learning resumes.
- A short, easy to use, step by step visual guide on how to effectively use the CULP is available on our University website, our learning platform and your University email.
- Please take advantage of KUBICLE to master Word, Excel and PowerPoint as part of the digital literacy that will make you more employable and entrepreneurial.
I encourage you to continue the practices of social distancing, physical distancing and coming together on social media for mutual morale boosting conversations, sharing experiences and learning. This is the best way to counter the pandemic.
Stay home; Stay safe!
Dr. Olive Sabiiti
Deputy Vice -Chancellor (Academic Affairs)